Historic Registration – V Plates

Historic Club Registration

Another big plus for the Canberra District Ducati club is the ability to Historic Register for ACT and NSW your Italian (or other) bike with the club. So long as the bike is older than 30 years, you’re a valid member and the machine is period correct then it is eligible. Contact at historiccddc@gmail.com to find out more.

To be eligible for Historic Registration from the Canberra District Ducati Club, you need to attend four club meetings throughout the year and attend 4 club events. Paperwork for the Historic Club Registration is only processed at CDDC monthly meetings. So if you want your paperwork, please arrange to pick it up at a meeting.

The changes to ACT’s CRS are to be implemented on 3rd April 2023.

Log books will now be available from Access Canberra offices from the 3rd April – the date for implementation of the new rules. Do not go the Access Canberra for a log book before this date!

The Logbooks will cost $12 each, are valid for five years, and are issued to each CRS vehicle individually. If you have two CRS vehicles you will need two logbooks, one for each vehicle.

To obtain a logbook you will need an ACT Driver licence and a current club membership card issued by the CDDC. Being able to produce proof of ownership/registration papers for the vehicle when collecting the logbook is also recommended. For the logbook to be valid to use for the 60 days, it must first be signed by the CDDC Registrar.

You must operate the vehicle from 03/04/2023 using the 60 day logbook. Without the logbook, you are unregistered!

There are 4 points that are required for your registration to be valid (under both the old scheme, and new). If any of the below is not completed/ lapsed, then your vehicle is not registered and must not be used on the road.

  • The CDDC is affiliated with the combine council (This is the club’s duty, and the CDDC Secretary and Registrar stay on top of this)
  • Your CDDC membership is paid and valid ( this is on YOU to ensure you have valid membership)
  • Your log book is completed before the trip you set off on. (In Pen, not pencil, before you start the trip. Every single day of use is one entry into the log)
  • Your registration fees are paid to the ACT Government (Access Canberra)

There is also a new category for Historic ACT vehicles, which is for modified vehicles (think Harris framed TT2 etc). Contact the registrar directly if you need more details on this.

If you have a registration renewal coming up, please make sure you leave yourself enough time to see the club registrar at a CDDC meeting to get your renewal paperwork (and logbook signed). Registrars were also reminded to pass onto members that this is not cheap registration, this is club registration to assist people to enjoy their hobby, don’t abuse the system.

We are keen to see more bikes on historic registration with the CDDC and there are lots of exciting bikes coming of age, think 916, 748, Monster, belt Supersport etc.

Questions should be sent through to historiccddc@gmail.com

Membership questions go to membershipcddc@gmail.com

  • For the ACT the process is to be a financial member, have a registration inspection (or transfer from full registration to Historic) completed at an authorised vehicle checking station. The club will issue you with the historic paperwork form after the bike has been inspected that it meets historic requirements – which is valid whilst you are financial. Go to the ACT shop front and register or renew your bike there. Please notify the club if your circumstances change so we can keep track of registrations in the club (an ACT Government requirement).
  • For NSW, You must be a financial member of the club to apply for Historic/Concessional registration. As soon as your membership expires your motorcycle is deemed to be unregistered. The motorcycle must be 30 years of age or older. The motorcycle must be as close as possible to original condition, and any non-original components fitted must be period correct. RMS Form 1246 “Application for Conditional Registration”, must be completed by yourself. These are available from RMS Offices.  The motorcycle has to be examined by the Club Registrar to confirm eligibility and compliance with technical requirements. If the motorcycle complies after examination, the Registrar Form 1259 “Historic Vehicle Declaration” and also the Vehicle Identification section of Form 1246. You present both of these forms to your local RMS Office to Register the motorcycle.