- This event has passed.
April 7, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Auto Italia 2019
SAVE THE DATE: April 7th
Hopefully by now you know that Auto Italia will be held this year on April 7th at EPIC arena. The planning for this year is being finalised now and further details will be published on the CDDC website and discussed at the March meeting.
Exhibitors’ entry – 7.30 to 9.30 am (gates will be closed after that – see below)
Public entry – 10am
Entry: $10 per bike and $5 per spectator (children free).
Club contact: Murray Willmott (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please think seriously about bringing your bike. Auto Italia is now arguably the largest exhibition of Italian vehicles in the southern hemisphere and attracts in the order of 600 vehicles on show and 12,000 spectators passing through the gates each year. Not surprisingly, this is one of the club’s signature events of the year where we are able to showcase our wonderful range of Ducatis and other Italian bikes and scooters. It also gives us fantastic exposure to the Canberra public and potential new members.
What you can do to help make this a sure-fire success.
- First and foremost – Show up!
- Register online ahead of time (http://www.ticketebo.com.au/auto-italia/auto-italia-2019.html?fbclid=IwAR2MjEPwu2SahlXBrG7Rq571cZeHFsKix77bpsOaVcbKz00FT6XYwnDFLTU) – it makes life a lot easier for you and the registration staff when you arrive on the day.
- We need people to volunteer about 2 hours of their time on the day to help with
- Registration (Rosco and three other people) and
- Marshalling (Sarge and two other people)
- Auto Italia have asked if we could also have two or three people to help out on a 1-hour roster basis at the Auto Italia headquarters, as there’s always plenty to do on the day.
Please email Murray if you can find some time to help out.
- If you’re on Facebook and haven’t done so already, “like” the AI 2019 page (https://www.facebook.com/events/693506941044181/) to keep up to date about the event and registration details over the coming weeks.
A few points to note – some new and some the same
- The display area for bikes will be on the track backed against the inside railing and fanning out each direction as you view from the grandstand. As in past years, there will be marshals to direct you on arrival.
- Entry for bikes will ONLY be through Gate 1 on Flemington Road. You will need to be heading south (towards the city) on Flemington Road and turn left into EPIC – no right turn!
- In the interest of public safety, the gates to the site will be closed from 10am until the completion of presentations around 2.30pm. Entry and exit between these times will not be possible except for emergencies.
- Our usual range of vendors will be onsite again this year – not like last year!
- We shall again be supporting CANTEEN (https://www.canteen.org.au), a great charity that supports young adults with cancer and their families.
- If you’re a member of another bike club (Ulysses, Vintage and Veterans etc), please let people know about the event and pass on the Facebook link.
Murray will have more info at the March meeting or email him with any questions.